For many years, Dan Lakin and his team in Chicago have been making one of the most successful (and copied) modern basses, combining some classic features with improved playability and updated electronics in a clever pickup arrangement (neck single coil + bridge splittable humbucker).
Apart from that series, Lakland are now offering a series of Signature basses,such as: Darryl Jones, Bob Glaub, Jerry Scheff and Joe Osborn. All these basses have been created by working together with those great bass players, closely listening to their ideas and suggestions, and always taking their well known classic basses as a reference.
The idea behind the JoBo is to offer an updated and improved version of the trusted 60’s Jazz Bass that Joe has used in so many #1 recordings over the last 40+ years.
In case you are wondering if the world needs yet another Jazz Bass copy, we can assure you that there are several reasons why you should seriously consider this instrument:
1. A couple of Lindy Fralin single coils pump out that fat and meaty tone that you have come to expect from good 60’s Jazz Basses. The good news is that this bass sounds like a Jazz Bass, with great focus, volume and definition.
2. The neck joint has been improved compared to vintage basses, and two graphite bars in the neck eliminate any dead spots.
3. The instrument’s medium-low weight allows you to use in long gigs or extended recording sessions without breaking your back.
4. The neck’s profile is just wonderful and will feel instantly familiar if you've ever owned a Jazz Bass.
5. Access to the 20th fret is surprisingly easy for a bolt on bass that has such a vintage inspiration.
While the Aero pickups in the Darryl Jones bass seem to offer that classic 70’s sound, the Fralins in the JoBo are more biased towards the 60’s.
If you need more versatility, we can install a J-Retro preamp. This unit does nor require any modification to the instrument, and you will get a more powerful and versatile bass that can always work in passive mode.
Not only does this bass sound classic, it looks classic too: the mint pickguard looks great over the Candy Apple Red body. Even the yellowish fretboard dots look vintage.
Export Price: 1250€, taxes not included
Levy's padded gigbag included
Extended Info: http://www.lakland.com/