You will always find a nice selection of Fender Custom Shop basses at Doctorbass.net. These are the best instruments Fender have ever built, and that's a lot to say.
We usually fgo for reissues of clasic models or particular years but we also like to bring an updated model from time to time with this Custom Classic being the case.
It is obviously a Jazz Bass but with some really interesting appointments such as:
- 5 string with a really loud, tight, and well defined low B. The best Fender 5 we've ever tried, period.
- Noiseless pickups for true Suingle Coil tone without the hum
- Active circuit with 3 band EQ and noise free operation (the quietest active Fender we've ever tried)
- Graphite bars inside the neck for extra stability
- String guide at the headstock for all 5 strings, meaning perfect break angle over the nut.
- Smooth neck to body joint for the ultimate comfort in this type of basses.
- Your choice of thru the body or traditional stringing.
Add a gorgeous transparent ebony finish over the ash body plus MOP block inlays and pearloid guard and you have one of the prettiest Fender's we've ever seen.
The performance of the low B and the noise free operation from the electronics are really remarkable. If you are looking for a really good 5 string Jazz Bass, this is it. It ain't heavy either!
Fender Custom Shop Custom Classic JV EBT